CS 186 Spring 2017
Introduction to Database Systems
Lecture: TuTh 11-12:30pm, 155 Dwinelle
Database Management Systems 3rd Edition by Ramakrishnan and Gehrke.
Piazza is the primary source of communication. Please sign up ASAP and check often for announcements.
- Projects: 40% of the semester grade (4 projects, 10% per project). You have 72 slip hours, and after you have used up your extension budget, any assignment handed in late will be marked off 25% per day late, rounded up to the nearest integer number of days. No assignment will be accepted more than 4 days late.
- Homework: 10% of the semester grade. Graded on completion. There are 7 homework assignments, each due one week after its release. No slip hours, no drops.
- One midterm: 20% of the semester grade.
- Final exam: 30% of the semester grade.
- Lecture webcasts and slides will be posted soon after lecture.
- You can attend any section you want, but preference will be given to enrolled students if it is full.