Database Management Systems 3rd Edition by Ramakrishnan and Gehrke.
Optional recommended alternative: Database Systems Concepts 6th Edition by Silberschatz, Korth and Sudarshan.
Please ask questions and make comments on Piazza.
- Homework/Project Assignments: 35% of semester grade. See assignment info below.
- Quizzes (a.k.a. Vitamins): 10% of the semester grade.
- Lecture Exercises: Required to be 100% complete to take the corresponding vitamin.
- Two Mid-terms: 30% of the semester grade total.
- 18% will come from your higher-scored exam, 12% from your lower-scored exam.
- Final Exam: 25% of the semester grade.
Discussion worksheets are not required and do not count toward your grade.
Notes on grading (please read):
- The percentages are subject to change as circumstances dictate.
- Active participation in piazza and/or section can positively affect your final grade.
- Work that you submit must be your own. We will run the latest software duplication checkers on submitted assignments.
- We will be following the EECS departmental policy on Academic Honesty, so be sure you are familiar with it. And hey -- don't cheat. Not cool.
See the Homework Assignments page for pointers to the assignments.
Late Policy on Assignments:
To Be Determined. It is our goal to offer a "slip day" policy for assignments as in previous semesters, but we are still investigating how to make the edX bookkeeping work for this.